Wednesday 17 January 2007

What's Going On...

First, I owe a word of thanks to Duncan Pritchard for encouraging visitors to his blog to check out mine. And let me just say for the record that at the time he posted his referral, I did not have his book, Epistemic Luck, among my recommended reading, so he was not being self-serving in his recommendation :-).

One upshot of Duncan’s promo is the high quality feedback I’ve gotten on my post, Un-discriminating Reliablism (Part 1). I'm particularly grateful to Geoff for getting the ball rolling in this regard. More recently, Ang Tong, from Angasm, has initiated a discussion so engaging that it bridges two blogs! You can find an extended version of the discussion on this blog, with a summarised version over at the Web of Belief. If the quality of feedback I’ve gotten so far is representative of things to come, then I’m certainly in for much more than I originally bargained...at least one can only hope so. Thanks again for your thoughful comments guys!

Third, I'll like to alert you to the most recent Philosopher’s Carnival, which is being hosted by Westminister Wisdom. As always, there are a number of great links on a wide variety of subject matter.

Fourth, there are a number of interesting epistemology related reading material available online. One of my "real-life" philosophical heroes, Carrie Jenkins, has a new paper entitled Boghossian and Epistemic Analyticity. I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but Carrie is as sharp as they come, so I’m sure she serves up lots to sink your philosophical incisors into. Equally exciting is Tim Williamson's forthcoming book, Philosophy of Philosophy, which you can now get a sneak peak of here. You can also find notes from his Hempel lectures by the same title here.

Finally, if you need to take a break from the intellectually serious and find yourself in the mood for some off-beat (and somewhat cranky) philosophical humour, you may want to check out The Space of Reason's evil twin: Freewill Tastes Like Chicken!

Well, that’s all for now…but don't worry, the next jaunt into the Space of Reasons begins soon!

No comments: